BUILD: Volunteer Positions
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is seeking volunteers to support operations at its annual convening of city leaders from the U.S. and Europe, BUILD. BUILD will take place from November 15th to 17th, 2017 in Detroit Michigan.Volunteers will get first-hand experience providing operational support for a major international conference, engage with cutting-edge urban policy content, and expand their professional network.
Description of Tasks
GMF offers the opportunity for highly motivated students and young professionals to take part in the logistical coordination of BUILD. Volunteers will be offered the opportunity to work with a variety of teams including communications, guest relations, transportation, production, and more.The BUILD 2017 Volunteer program will offer motivated students and young professionals in the fields of Urban and Regional Policy and Public Policy an exclusive opportunity to participate in parts of the official program, network with leading industry voices, and gain a working behind the scenes knowledge of large scale event production. Applicants must inform GMF of their availability during the days of the conference to better facilitate scheduling. We may also ask volunteers to work on conference preparations during the week before Build (November 12 – 15) depending on availability.
For further information please email Zachary Tarrant at email@example.com
• Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work within a team
• Ability to work in an intercultural and fast-paced environment
• Interest in Urban & Regional Policy, and inclusive, sustainable, and globally engaged cities
• Flexibility to work long and demanding hours
• Experience in event management is a plus, but not necessary
• Full availability during the course of the conference
• Proficiency in another European language is a plus but not necessary
* If you have any preference and/or experience in one of the following fields (guest relations, production, transportation assistance, and/or media), please indicate it in your cover letter.
How to Apply: Fill out the application via the link below.
The deadline to apply is at midnight on October 25th. Please note that this is a non-paid volunteer position for a period of approximately one week. GMF will provide all meals, however we ask that you arrange your own accommodation and transportation in Detroit.
APPLICATION LINK: https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/build_volunteers