Ann Arbor SPARK seeks a flexible, highly motivated intern to assist with incubator operations and the annual survey process at our growing not-for-profit organization. Excellent opportunity to gain practical experience and to learn about not-for-profit business practices in an organization that receives funding from a variety of sources: private donors, corporations, foundations and government (local/state/federal/international)
1. Cover front desk operations, Assist tenants with questions, use of Zen desk ticket system to ensure all concerns are addressed.
2. Assist with events including set-up, coverage at events and post-event tasks.
1. Contact survey recipients via telephone to increase response rate
2. Internet based research on survey companies
3. Ability to document work
4. Training on use of customer database to record and retrieve company information
5. Interest in internal audit and data verification
Candidates should have an interest in Economic Development and the not-for-profit field. Intern must be motivated to work quickly and independently and possess strong communication skills.
1. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Proficiency with a range of computer programs, including the Microsoft Office suite
Details and Compensation:
1. The internship duration will be for three months. The intern will be expected to engage in the internship 20 hours per week during regular business hours of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
2. This is paid internship located at Ann Arbor SPARK Headquarters.
About Ann Arbor SPARK:
Ann Arbor SPARK will be the driving force in establishing the Ann Arbor Region as a desired place for business expansion and location by identifying and meeting the needs of business at every stage, from those that are established to those working to successfully commercialize innovations
Positions Available: 1
City/Location of Position: Ann Arbor
Zip Code of Job Location: 48104
Region/County: Ann Arbor
Required Degree Level : High school
Required IT Skills: basic word and spreadsheet skills
Salary/Wage Range: $12-$15/hrour
Company Website: http://www.annarborusa.org