CAPITAL SEMESTER FALL 2017 – INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS & PUBLIC POLICY
EARLY DEADLINE: March 1, 2017
PRIORITY DEADLINE: April 13, 2017
FINAL DEADLINE: June 1, 2017
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies, Capital Semester combines substantive internships, 12 academic credits, career development activities, site briefings and lectures led by foreign and domestic policy experts.
This comprehensive program includes internship placements in the fields of international affairs and public policy, courses for academic credit through George Mason University, and furnished housing the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Washington, D.C.
PAST INTERNSHIP SITES – INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS & PUBLIC POLICY
• Atlas Economic Research Foundation
• Capitol Hill and Congressional Offices
• Center for European Policy Analysis
• Center for Strategic and International Studies
• Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute
• Council on Hemispheric Affairs
• Foreign Embassies
• Federal Aviation Association
• Peace Corps
• Student Conservation Association
• U.S. Department of the Treasury
• Women in Government
• World Vision
• Internships – Competitive placements with international affairs organizations, government agencies, congressional offices, policy groups and non-governmental organizations
• Housing – Roommate matching and furnished Capitol Hill apartments in the heart of D.C.
• Classes – Full-time course load with credit provided through George Mason University including courses on international economic policy and constitutional interpretation
• Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top foreign policy and economics experts
• Exclusive Briefings – At the World Bank, State Department, U.S. Capitol and Federal Reserve
• Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
• Networking – Interaction with seasoned professionals and student leaders from around the world
• Scholarships – Generous scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need and over 75% of students receive scholarship funding
EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE – 5% TUITION DISCOUNT
Students are encouraged to apply by the early deadline of March 1, 2017 to receive priority admissions and scholarship consideration, as well as a 5% discount on their tuition balance. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the final deadline ofJune 1, 2017.
Please visit www.DCinternships.org/CS for more information and to begin an online application. Scholarship funding is awarded based on need and merit. Questions may be directed to Pat DiFrancesco, Capital Semester Coordinator at 202-986-0384 or email@example.com.