We are happy to announce that applications are open for the 69th Japan-America Student Conference (JASC)!
The 69th JASC in Japan
The 69th JASC will take place from August 3-28, 2017 in four regions in Japan. Students from all fields of study are welcome to apply. No Japanese language or Asian studies background is required; we are seeking a diverse delegation that shares a strong passion in furthering US-Japan relations and international friendships.
Initiated in 1934, JASC has a history of over 80 years with a host of distinguished alumni, including former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, former Japanese Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa, and former President of Nissan Corporation Yutaka Katayama.
By being part of a talented group of 72 delegates from Japan and the U.S, participants will:
- represent their university and country in a multidimensional dialogue about US-Japan relations
- delve into critical topics ranging from global and regional security to minorities and social advocacy;
- learn firsthand from panels with established leaders in business, government and academia;
- Partake in educational site visits and cultural activities as the delegation travels to four distinct regions across Japan;
- build professional networks through networking receptions; and
- forge lifelong friendships across the Pacific.
JASC competitively selects 72 delegates from Japan and the U.S. who have a strong interest in U.S.-Japan issues. The 2017 conference will convene in Japan.
August 3 – August 5, 2017 (American Orientation)
August 6 – 28, 2017 (The 69th JASC)
4 Regions in Japan:
(Two more regions to be announced)
Application Deadline: December 31, 2016
Please direct any questions about your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The JASC Program Manager, Megumi Aikawa can be reached at