Each year, more than 1.2 million students drop out of high school in the U.S. These students are 8x more likely to end up in prison, and 3x more likely to end up unemployed.
We know you may be wondering why we lead with that statistic. Simply put, it’s startling. Well, Michigan seniors recently walked across the stage and if Michigan’s numbers are close to the national average, about 75% of them do not yet have a job.
SAGA Innovations is dedicated to transforming public education by driving the expansion of nationally recognized intensive daily math tutoring, where tutoring is a part of the regular school day for students as a scheduled class period. They partner with district public schools to provide students the opportunity to work with a qualified, engaged tutor who tailors math instruction to the needs of two students at a time.
SAGA Innovations is looking for recent graduates to spend ten months as a SAGA Fellow at a public school in Chicago or New York City. In this role, they will help transform the lives of struggling students through high-dosage personalized instruction. For students, this could be a year of discernment, a gap year before graduate school, or an entry into a fruitful career in education.
5 reasons to become a SAGA Fellow:
- The power to change lives. Have a profound impact on the lives of 14 at-risk students and their families.
- Develop critical skills. Build valuable teaching and communication skills through in-depth training.
- Be part of something that works. Data proves it – SAGA Fellows are dramatically improving student achievement.
- Limited commitment. It’s just 10 months – but the impact of the work will last a lifetime.
- Join a revolution. Be part of a movement that is changing the face of education in the USA.
For more information, or to begin the application today, please visit us at www.sagainnovations.org.