Please send resumes to JapanInternshipInitiative@umich.edu
1. Name and Description of Company/Organization: Nissan Group of North America, Renault-Nissan Purchasing Organization
2. Location (City, Country): Farmington Hills, MI
3. Number of Positions: 1
4. Intern Position Title(s): Co-op, RNPO Purchasing
5. Dates of Internship: From May 2. Ideally, from May – End of August. Discussion to extend for a total of 1 year could occur if working relationship is beneficial for both Nissan and the Co-op.
6. Possible Pay or other Compensation (accommodation/meals/transport): $/hour varies depending on experience, 40 hours per week.
7. Please describe the primary responsibilities of the position(s).
- Works with buyers for cost reduction negotiations and achievement of targets.
- Helps to maintain, update, and report status on daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis for buyers within the team.
- Works with buyers on sourcing activities for assigned commodities, and assure timing targets.
- Assists team buyers to coordinate changes in scope of part/commodities to assure maintain target pricing and timing.
- Serves as liaison between internal departments and Purchasing, in assistance to team buyers.
- Supports requests for data creation and confirmation for buyers and managers.
- As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
8. Are any languages besides English required? At what level?
No other languages required, but Japanese or Spanish are a plus.
9. Do you have any requirements concerning citizenship?
The applicant must be legally able to work in the United States (U.S. Citizen or work permit).
10. Please describe desired professional skills/specialties of the ideal intern:
- 0-2 years of related experience in a professional business atmosphere.
- Education towards a Bachelor’s degree in a business major or related discipline. Consider equivalent related college or technical courses, seminars and in-house classroom training.
- Working knowledge of excel, power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to produce non-standard, creative products.