June 4 – July 29, 2016
Extended Deadline: April 6
**Generous Scholarship Funding Still Available**
Do you have plans yet for this summer? Make an impact by living and working for two months in Washington, DC!
You will live in the heart of Washington, DC:
- Just steps from the White, State Department and National Monuments
- Furnished apartments are on campus at George Washington University
Apply today – there are still generous scholarships to be granted:
- Over $1 million awarded each year
- More than 70% of students receive funding
- Average awards of $1,000 to $4,500
INTERNSHIPS + CLASSES FOR CREDIT
Spend your summer gaining real-world experience in the office and classroom
Set yourself apart when it comes time to find your first job after graduation by interning in public policy, international affairs, journalism or another top field. You will maximize y our time this summer by also taking courses for 3 to 9 transferable credits from George Mason University.
Unlike other programs, we guarantee you an internship. Our staff works to place you with an organization that fits your skills and career goals.
Picture yourself working on one of these exciting projects:
- Develop a strategic marketing plan for a business group lobbying a bill on Capitol Hill.
- Attend a Congressional briefing and write a detailed online report.
- Help run programs for newly arrived immigrants from Africa.
- Cover a press conference at the National Press Club or Senate Press Gallery.
- Research data for a report on cyber terrorism threats and other national security priorities.
- Organize job development activities for DC high school students.
- Plan and develop a social media campaign for human trafficking awareness.
- Attend a strategy meeting with coalition groups advocating for new comprehensive energy policies.
- Make media pitch calls for a best-selling author.
- Book guests for a radio talk show or news broadcast.
- Plan a conference featuring experts from prestigious think tanks.
- Politics, Public Policy & Economics
- International Affairs
- Journalism, Communications & Public Relations
- Service & Community Leadership
- Corporate Business & Government Affairs
- Leadership & the American Presidency
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until March 16. To learn more about the programs and to begin an online application, please visit www.DCinternships.org. Questions may be directed to 202.986.0384 or firstname.lastname@example.org.