The Japan Internship Initiative is excited to announce an additional set of summer internship opportunities for U-M students at NSK Corporation’s offices here in Ann Arbor! Please see below and the employer information sheet for more details.
All majors are eligible to apply. If interested, please e-mail your resume to JapanInternshipInitiative@umich.edu by Sunday, February 28th, 2017 at 11:59 pm.
- Name and Description of Company/Organization: NSK Corporation
NSK became one of the leaders in the bearing industry because of intense commitment to engineering research, dedication to modern manufacturing and an obsession with quality.
For 100 years, NSK has been an industry-leading pioneer since becoming Japan’s first bearing manufacturer in 1916. Since then, NSK has expanded its product line to include bearings, electric power steering colu8mns, and linear guides. At NSK, we believe that how we do it is just as important as what we do. We are always taking steps to maintain our industry lead that includes continuous improvement in our products, quality, information, and services.
NSK is always on the lookout for bright, ambitious team players who have the desire to succeed. Our employees not only strive to make improvements to our products but also tour community, the environment, as well as themselves. NSK takes pride in personal development and encouraging our employees to be the best they can be. If you are looking for a great career with a company that will encourage you to work, learn, and brow, NSK encourages you to apply to our open positions.
- Location (City, Country): Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
- Number of Positions: 6
- Intern Position Title(s): Internship Various Majors
- Dates of Internship: 12 weeks (May-August 2016)
- Possible Pay or other Compensation (accommodation/meals/transport): Hourly 16-19 dollars per hour
- Primary responsibilities of the position(s): Engineering projects, Purchasing support projects, Human Resources, and IT. Each student selected will be working on a specific project and will then give a presentation to senior leadership on their project at the end of the summer.
- Are any languages besides English required? At what level? Japanese or Portuguese would be helpful but not required.
- Do you have any requirements concerning citizenship? We are unable to sponsor students.
- Desired professional skills/specialties of the ideal intern:
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Comfortable giving presentation to senior management.
- Detail orientated
- Desire to learn and grow.