Sigma Iota Rho, Honor Society for International Studies, Call for Papers and Online Submissions
Deadline: January 17th at Midnight
The Sigma Iota Rho Journal of International Relations is accepting article submissions from undergraduate students for its 2016 print issue.
- Authors must be current students
- Articles must be original and previously unpublished
- Articles must be between 2,000 and 6,000 words in length
- Articles must pertain to the field of International Studies
- Articles may include charts, graphs, or other pertinent illustrations
- Submit in Microsoft Word .docx format with 1″ margins, 12-point Times New Roman font, and double-space
- Include a cover page (author’s name, email, telephone number, university, and the title of the article), a 200-word abstract, and a brief biography of the author
- Complete the bibliography & footnotes according to the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition
The Sigma Iota Rho (SIR) Journal of International Relations is an undergraduate journal of international studies housed in the Library of Congress. The Journal has a circulation of over 3,000 copies, which are distributed to over 160 undergraduate international relations programs and APSIA graduate international relations schools. Each edition includes a featured article by a leading voice in international relations; previous headliners have included Joseph Biden, Henry Kissinger, and Pascal Lamy.
The Journal is also seeking regular bloggers, op-ed articles, and research articles for its expanding online platform, SIRjournal.org.
Op-ed and Research Article Rules:
- Work must be relevant to the field of International Studies
- Lengths and topics are flexible
- Bloggers must commit to one post per calendar month
- Blog posts must be between 500-1200 words
- Applications must include the student’s name, email address, telephone number, university, and a sample blog post
Send print submissions & questions to the SIR Board @ email@example.com
Send online submissions & questions to Bailey Scott @ firstname.lastname@example.org