The European Union Center at the University of Illinois offers the only Master of Arts in European Union Studies (MAEUS) program in the Western Hemisphere. Five full-time staff members support small cohorts of students with academic and professional guidance, funding opportunities through FLAS fellowships and assistantships, and the connecting of students with UI’s world-class faculty and weekly visiting officials and scholars on campus.
MAEUS alumni have a 100% employment rate within 6 months of graduation and land jobs in business, government, higher education, and non-profits.
Why choose the MAEUS program?
- Studies draw from a wide range of disciplines
- Students can pursue joint degrees with professional schools
- Students have the opportunity to study the EU firsthand through exclusive and preferred access to internships with organizations such as the Illinois Trade Commission, European Parliament liason office, US State Department, and more.
- The program offers study abroad opportunities with multiple institutions throughout the EU.
- Funding opportunities include FLAS fellowships and EUC graduate assistantships, as well as funding from other academic departments on campus
For more information on the application and how to apply, please visit the new website here.
For student testimonials about their experience with the program, please click here.
The MAEUS program is proudly offered by the University of Illinois in Urbana Champaign, an important intellectual hub in the American Midwest. Since 1867, 32 Nobel Prizes and 20 Pulitzer Prize Winners have studied or have been students in our University, which was ranked by U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges as the number 11 public university in the US in 2016. Click here to learn more about the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, or click here to discover the vibrant life in Champaign-Urbana.