Please join Delta Air Lines and learn about our exciting opportunities in Commercial Strategy on Wednesday, September 16 at 7:00pm in Room 1017 DOW Building. We are inviting all majors to join us for a short presentation followed by Q&A with Recent Michigan Engineering, LS&A, and Ross graduates. Noodles & Co., our signature Biscoff cookies, and refreshments will be provided.
Delta’s Commercial division is responsible for managing the core passenger airline business, including (1) creating, optimizing, and planning our schedule and network, (2) optimizing airport processes to ensure seamless customer experiences, (3) pricing and selling our product, (4) creating strategies to maximize and optimize revenue, (5) managing all aspects of customers’ interaction with the brand including delta.com and onboard product , and (6) marketing the airline, routes, and services to consumers.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates with a rigorous analytic background to maintain Delta’s leading presence in the market and to develop and hone for future leadership. Our program includes two rotations within one of the following commercial strategy departments:
- Network Planning: Develop route structures, analyze new city and route opportunities and determine capacity response to competitive actions. Maximize profitability by aligning capacity with demand through the strategic deployment of aircraft.
- Revenue Management – Pricing: Investigate competitors’ pricing actions, initiate sales and other promotions to maintain market share. Create short-term and long-term strategies to maximize revenue based on analyses of passenger demand.
- Revenue Management – Inventory Management: Analyze and understand the complexities of airline consumer behavior and devise creative strategies for capturing additional revenue through varying the supply of our product.
- Sales Analysis: Analyze the financial contribution of incentive programs with corporations/distributors and develop new sales strategies to generate incremental sales.
- Loyalty Program/Passenger Marketing: Develop promotion and channel strategies to drive incremental passenger revenue and build customer loyalty. Design improvements to Delta’s customer communications and develop better customer segmentation.
- E-Commerce/Distribution: Maintain competitiveness of digital channels and self-service functionality, develop online marketing strategies and identify revenue streams through non-air partnerships for Delta. Manage global distribution systems and third party online agency relationships by leveraging new technologies to lower distribution costs.
- Reservations: Develop recommendations for process improvements for reservations centers, call-handling, and segmentation; analyze volume and handling efforts to determine strategies to improve customer service, employee engagement, and maximize cost efficiencies.
- Airport Customer Service: Drive customer service enhancements through analysis, process improvement efforts, and developing and implementing new strategies that improve passenger facing and aircraft maintenance operations.
Analyst – Long Term Network Optimization