The Center for South Asian Studies (CSAS) has extended the deadline for its Summer in South Asia Fellowship. This year (summer 2015), the fellowship provides $3,000.
Here are the basics:
- Students receive a $3,000 fellowship for the summer
- Students design their own research program
- Participants connect with an NGO or business in India (the CSAS can help you with some suggestions on how to do this)
- A minimum of 4 weeks in India is required (you can spend more time in India, if you’d like)
- All UM Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors are eligible to apply (This fellowship prefers students who have not spent extensive time in India. To see if your prior travel to India would make you ineligible, please email Janelle Fosler at email@example.com)
- At the end of the summer you must submit a research report
- On October 8, 2015, all fellows will participate in a symposium where they will present their research project
- No prior SA coursework/experience required
- Application deadline is: March 11, 5pm
- Notification will be March 15
- Email Janelle Fosler for application information and details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Summer in South Asia Website
If you are interested in this fellowship, get in touch with Janelle Fosler asap! She can talk you through contacting NGOs/Businesses and getting the required paperwork for a successful application. She can be reached at: email@example.com.