WorldTeach is currently accepting applications for college graduates to serve as volunteer English teachers in our yearlong program in Thailand. Volunteers are full time English teachers in elementary and high schools in rural communities in the northeastern Nakhon Phanom province. After receiving additional funding from local Thai schools in 2014, the volunteer fee has been reduced from $3,590 to $1,500 for 2015. This volunteer fee covers the following:
– Visa sponsorship
– Housing provided with a host family or teacher apartments
– Monthly stipend of US$250
– Option for TEFL certification
– Health & emergency evacuation insurance
– Training comprising 3-4 week Orientation upon arrival, Mid Service Conference, and End of Service Conference
– Meals and housing during orientation and conferences
– In-country transportation between training and placement sites
– Support from full time, in-country field staff
– Professional development through Teacher Quality Program, including mentorship by remote Teacher Quality Coordinator
Note: volunteers are responsible for their own airfare
Volunteer Period: April 2015 – March 2016
Register to attend a Thailand webinar on January 27th. We will speak with field staff and alumni to learn more about living and teaching in Thailand.
Watch a video on the day in the life of a Thailand volunteer.
Read reviews from Thailand volunteers.
Qualifications: Applicants must be native English speakers and be between the ages of 21-40. A Bachelor’s degree is required at the time of departure. No teaching experience or Thai language skills are necessary, but an interest in teaching, and a flexible, mature attitude are attributes of a successful volunteer.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted until February 15, 2015. Year program applications require a resume, a personal statement, two letters of recommendation, and a college/university transcript. Start your application on our website, or email email@example.com.