Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship (ETA)
Fulbright ETA grantees are placed as assistants to English teachers at the primary, secondary, or university level. Placement is typically part-time and an additional independent project is expected.
- Are not necessarily required to have teaching experience (varies by country)
- Are placed outside of capital cities
- Assist approx. 20 hours per week in class
- Serve as American cultural ambassadors
- May pursue individual study/research plans in addition to ETA responsibilities
Schedule an appointment with ETA advisor Heather Johnson, U-M International Institute.
To apply for this program through the U-M Ann Arbor campus, applicants must:
- be U-M students, alumni, or staff;
- be U.S. citizens;
- have completed an undergraduate degree by the beginning of the award; and
- demonstrate the language skills necessary to complete the proposed project.
- Enrolled students are required to apply through U-M.
The University of Michigan campus deadline is September 8, 2014 at noon. Those who wish to benefit from the campus interview must submit complete applications by the campus deadline (September 8). Those who wish to forgo the benefit of the interview may still apply through U-M by the national deadline (October 14).
Campus deadline: September 8, 2014 at noon. Apply Now
For more information see International Institute’s webpage at http://www.ii.umich.edu/fellowshipsandgrants